Elementary (K - 5)
Our Elementary program is a faith based Catholic curriculum designed to foster the basic and sacramental needs of children in lower elementary grades. Our curriculums include the Our Sunday Visitor "Allelu!" and Alive in Christ, by Our Sunday Visitor, for grades 1-5. Please see below for a brief overview by grade level. Separate materials are used for Reconciliation, Holy Eucharist, and Confirmation preparation.
In the Diocese of Phoenix, the guidelines for receiving sacraments are as follows:
- Reconciliation (Confession) - Second Grade
- First Holy Communion - Third Grade
- Confirmation - Third Grade
For more information, please see the Sacramental Preparation section of the website. If your child does not fit into the above guidelines, please refer to the Children's Initiation section.
The following is a description of grade level text:
- Kindergarten: "Allelu!" Program. The lessons in Allelu! contribute to a solid Catholic foundation with Scripture, Prayer, Ritual, and Community Life in five easy stages. For more information and resources, visit allelu.com.
- Grades 1-4: Alive in Christ program, please visit aliveinchrist.osv.com.
- This spiral curriculum follows a seven unit structure with grade level focus on a foundational topic in our Catholic faith.
- Each unit in each grade level builds upon the topics of:
Revelation, Trinity, Jesus Christ, The Church, Morality, Sacraments, Kingdom of God.
- Grade 5: Through the Our Sunday Visitor publisher this grade levels will focus on Thematics of Revelation and Morality during the year. Emphasis is placed on Scripture, faith sharing group discussion, journey writing.
Classes for Kindergarten through Fifth Grade are offered at the following days and times:
- Tuesday: 4:15 - 5:45 pm
- Tuesday: 6:00 - 7:30 pm
- Wednesday: 2:30-4:00 pm
Visit our registration page for the registration form. Any questions, please contact Denise Halloran.