Safe Environment Training
The mission of Safe Environment Training is to prevent sexual, physical, or emotional abuse and/or neglect of children and young people through continued education, building awareness, and maintaining a commitment to keeping all children and young people safe. Different training sessions are designed for parents, youth, and volunteers serving in ministries.
Training is available ONLINE! Class descriptions, requirements and registration are available at phoenix.cmgconnect.org.
The Diocese of Phoenix is committed to protecting all children and youth by offering abuse prevention educational sessions. All adult volunteers must complete the initial Safe Environment for Lay People Foundation Training. This program teaches the steps that can be taken to prevent child sexual abuse. Additional requirements include:
- Complete a volunteer application
- Attest to the Code of Ethics
- Consent to a background check
The Diocesan Policy and Procedure for the Protection of Minors requires annual training for:
- All Clergy
- Volunteers that directly serve minors
- All Minors - each year, in Children’s Faith Formation classes, in grades Pre-K through high school, every student participates in a Safe Environment program during their class time.
All other parish volunteers must renew Safe Environment training every other year.
Renewal training is offered online for all subsequent years.