Our St. Vincent de Paul Corpus Christi Conference hosts a food shelf for those in need in our community. While we have food drives once or twice a year, we welcome donations all the time! Two large bins, just inside the doors of our church, are for easy drop-off of your donations of non-perishable foods.
Please keep in mind, since safety ranks highest on our priority list, we are unable to accept food packages that have been opened or past acceptable guideline expiration dates, or do not have the nutritional value information on the packaging.
- Canned items with pop-tops are best.
- No glass or cellophane wrapping.
- Low-sugar and low-salt items are welcome.
- Be sure no items are past their “Sell By” dates.
- We encourage you to donate items that you would choose for your own family. Sometimes donating fewer items of better quality can make all the difference for a family in need!
Popular items needed any time include:
- pasta sauce
- canned vegetables
- canned fruit
- canned tuna/chicken/ham
- instant potatoes/stuffing
- peanut butter
- macaroni and cheese
- toiletries (toothpaste, deodorant, etc.)
- toilet paper
- paper towels