How does online giving benefit me?
- Convenient: anytime, anywhere access through theinternet
- Secure and confidential: adheres to bankingsecurity standards
- Flexible: start, stop and change yourcontributions at any time
- Simple: no need to contact your bank or theparish office
- Contribute: using direct withdrawal (ACH) orcredit card
- Functional: receive reminders and notificationsabout transactions
How does online giving benefit my parish?
- Stabilize Contributions
- Regularly scheduled gifts occur automatically
- Allows parish to effectively manage monthlyexpenses, based on consistent support
- Secure and confidential: no need to storeparishioner account information
- Convenient: makes it easy for everyone tocontribute to the parish
- Efficient: participation saves time and expensesin bookkeeping
- Current: a tool for people who prefer to useelectronic services
Online Giving Frequently Asked Questions
What are the advantages of Online Giving? Online Giving makes it easy for you to fulfill your financial commitments to the parish. You do not need to write a check or have cash available. Giving electronically also helps the parish staff budget more effectively.
How are my contributions automatically deducted from my account? When you create your account, you enter your credit card and/or bank account information and then specify the amount you wish to contribute. Your contribution will be transferred from your account to the parish bank account.
Do I have to use a credit card? The Online Giving system provides your parish the option to offer both credit card and direct withdrawal (ACH)options for contributions. You do not have to use a credit card for contributions.
When will my contribution be deducted from my account? The Online Giving system provides you the ability to select the date you would like your contribution to occur.You will receive an email notification prior to each contribution date, and your account will be debited on the date you specify.
If I do not write checks, then how do I balance my checkbook? You will receive an email notification prior to each contribution date and also a confirmation email that your gift has been processed. These reminders will help you remember to record the gift in your check register on the appropriate date. Electronic contributions are also recorded on your bank statement and in your Online Giving reports.
Can I contribute different amounts to different offerings? Can they be withdrawn at different times? Can I use different accounts for the contributions? The system provides you the capability to give different amounts to different offerings at different times.For example, assuming your parish has set up these gift offerings, you are able to give your regular weekly offering on the 1st of the month and your flower gift on the 10th of the month. You are able to use any number of bank and/or credit card accounts for your offerings.
What if I change bank accounts? Simply login and update your bank account information in your profile.
What if I want to stop using Online Giving? You may cancel your authorization by deleting your credit card and/or bank account information along with your donation dates. Your contributions will stop immediately, and the history will be secured.