Saint Vincent de Paul
Spirituality • Fellowship • Serving those in need • Giving others the opportunity to serve
The Mission of the Society of St. Vincent de Paul of the Diocese of Phoenix is to offer person-to-person service to the needy and suffering regardless of race, origin, religion or gender. Inspired by the Gospel values, the Society encourages the spiritual growth of its members, volunteers, the people they serve, and benefactors; encourages fellowship while serving those in need; and provides an opportunity for others to serve those in need.
St. Vincent de Paul Corpus Christi Conference ministry offers assistance to local community members of all faiths.
Have you considered answering the call to “help the poor find forgiveness and healing in their life” by joining the St. Vincent de Paul Corpus Christi Conference?
Take phone messages and visit families at their homes to determine needed assistance.
Time Commitment: 1 day per week
Watkins Center Food Sort
Sort food at the Saint Vincent de Paul warehouse on the 1st and/or 3rd Saturday of the month.
Time Commitment: 3.5 hours
Assist donors at Corpus Christi with the unloading of their donations of used clothing and furniture during the month of April.
Time Commitment: 2-4 hours
Thanksgiving Food Drive
Collect and sort food donated by Corpus Christi parishioners.
Time Commitment: Varies
Collect turkeys and canned foods donated by Basha’s customers to assist those in need during the month of November.
Time Commitment: 2-3 hours
Collect and sort Christmas gifts donated by parishioners to be given to the needy during the month of December.
Time Commitment: 4-6 hours.
For descriptions of volunteer opportunities at our downtown Watkins Center, please go to:
Arizona State Tax Credit
It’s not too late to get up to $800 in dollar-for-dollar Arizona State Tax Credit on your 2018 tax return, when you donate to St. Vincent de Paul, Corpus Christi Conference!
St. Vincent de Paul is one of the oldest and most respected charities in Arizona, qualifying your gift for a dollar-for-dollar income tax credit up to $400 (for singles) and up to $800 (for married couples). This credit is in addition to the school tax credit, so you can do both!
In addition to the benefit of the tax credit, your gifts go to:
- Create food boxes to give someone a boost during a difficult time;
- Provide ministry to the homeless;
- Provide medical care and a helping hand for the working poor.
What is the Tax Credit for Qualifying Charitable Organizations?
- Available only for donations to qualified charities that provide services to working-poor families
- This tax credit is formerly known as the Working-Poor Tax Credit
- Amounts lower than $400/$800 also qualify, so a $100 gift qualifies you for a $100 tax credit on your state taxes, lowering your final amount owed.
Contributions can be made up to April 15, 2019.
- Maximum contributions are $400 for filing single, or $800 for filing jointly. Lower amounts also qualify.
- Uses Tax Credit Form 321.
- Make your check payable to St. Vincent de Paul, Corpus Christi Conference and note: “for 2018 tax year” in the memo section of your check. You will receive a receipt, if you supply a mailing address.
- For tax filing purposes, use: St. Vincent de Paul, 3550 E. Knox Rd, Phoenix, AZ 85044.
- Arizona Tax Code for cash donations to Qualifying Charitable Organizations (QCO code) is: 20540 St. Vincent de Paul Society Diocese of Phoenix.
Information cards and envelopes can be found in the vestibule next to the doors.
IMPORTANT TAX NOTICE: No goods or services were promised or provided by the Society of Saint Vincent de Paul in return for this gift. Your gift is tax-deductible as allowed by law. Your gift may qualify for the Arizona Tax Credit for contributions to Qualifying Charitable Organizations (QCO).
This is in addition to School Tax Credits. Please consult your tax advisor if you have any questions. Tax ID 86-0096789. Arizona QCO 20540.
Consult your tax adviser or the Arizona Department of Revenue’s website at www.azdor.gov for more information.
Thank you for your support and generosity.
Chase Quick Pay with Zelle
Online Giving is now available for donations to St. Vincent de Paul through Zelle.
You can safely and easily make your donation through your trusted banking app - or the Zelle app, if your bank doesn't currently offer Zelle. If you are already a Zelle user or after registering through your bank's website or app, donations can be sent through email@example.com In the message box, enter your name and address. A receipt will be mailed to you.
Thank you for your support and generosity.