Discovering Christ is a ten-session experience (about once a month) where anyone and everyone, from the baptized in the pews to the unbaptized, is invited to hear the Good News and personally encounter Jesus Christ.
We all know people in our lives, communities, and even parishes who wonder about the meaning of life. God gives us the responsibility to open doors and provide spaces of encounter with the personal love of our Lord Jesus for people who are searching for the meaning of life. Discovering Christ creates this open door for anyone who is searching for the meaning of their lives and provides an opportunity to share the Good News and the personal love of Jesus Christ.
Discovering Christ helps people enter into or renew a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, experience the love of God the Father, and be empowered by the Holy Spirit to live as God’s children.
|October 15||What is the meaning of life and why does Jesus matter?|
|November 19||What does Jesus want us to know and why do I need a savior?|
|December 17||Why is the resurrection important for us?|
|January 21||Hearing God in Scripture and daily personal prayer|
|February 4||The power of the Sacraments|
|February 18||The world, the flesh and the devil|
|March 18||Forgiving one another|
|May 13||Discipleship Part 1|
|June 4||Discipleship Part 2|
What Parishioners are Saying about Discovering Christ
- “I'm continually turning to God now. I was inconsistent before. Now I'm open about being a Catholic and I'm happier than ever and Discovering Christ got me there. It gave me that opportunity I needed and was looking for.”
- “Our group felt especially blessed with the Holy Spirit so alive in each of us. I personally experienced God's answers to my problems and anxiety since starting it. I had always looked forward to our weekly meetings to find peace in my heart.”
- “I enjoyed the variety of speakers in the expression of their individual outlooks on the topics. Mostly though, I am thankful for the new relationships formed with others in the parish.”
- “Fellowship during the meals and the discussions within the small group were what I liked most about Discovering Christ.”
- “I learned so much—it made the scriptures applicable to the community and everyday life.”
Once you have completed Discovering Christ, we invite you to join an Encounter Group.