Giving at Corpus Christi
How does online giving benefit me?
- Convenient: anytime, anywhere access through the internet
- Secure and confidential: adheres to banking security standards
- Flexible: start, stop and change your contributions at any time
- Simple: no need to contact your bank or the parish office
- Contribute: using direct withdrawal (ACH) or credit card
- Functional: receive reminders and notifications about transactions
How does online giving benefit my parish?
- Stabilize Contributions
- Regularly scheduled gifts occur automatically
- Allows parish to effectively manage monthly expenses, based on consistent support
- Secure and confidential: no need to store parishioner account information
- Convenient: makes it easy for everyone to contribute to the parish
- Efficient: participation saves time and expenses in bookkeeping
- Current: a tool for people who prefer to use electronic services
Online Giving Frequently Asked Questions
What are the advantages of Online Giving?
Online Giving makes it easy for you to fulfill your financial commitments to the parish. You do not need to write a check or have cash available. Giving electronically also helps the parish staff budget more effectively.
How are my contributions automatically deducted from my account?
When you create your account, you enter your credit card and/or bank account information and then specify the amount you wish to contribute. Your contribution will be transferred from your account to the parish bank account.
Do I have to use a credit card?
The Online Giving system provides your parish the option to offer both credit card and direct withdrawal (ACH) options for contributions. You do not have to use a credit card for contributions.
When will my contribution be deducted from my account?
The Online Giving system provides you the ability to select the date you would like your contribution to occur. You will receive an email notification prior to each contribution date, and your account will be debited on the date you specify.
If I do not write checks, then how do I balance my checkbook?
You will receive an email notification prior to each contribution date and also a confirmation email that your gift has been processed. These reminders will help you remember to record the gift in your check register on the appropriate date. Electronic contributions are also recorded on your bank statement and in your Online Giving reports.
Can I contribute different amounts to different offerings? Can they be withdrawn at different times? Can I use different accounts for the contributions?
The system provides you the capability to give different amounts to different offerings at different times. For example, assuming your parish has set up these gift offerings, you are able to give your regular weekly offering on the 1st of the month and your flower gift on the 10th of the month. You are able to use any number of bank and/or credit card accounts for your offerings.
What if I change bank accounts?
Simply login and update your bank account information in your profile.
What if I want to stop using Online Giving?
You may cancel your authorization by deleting your credit card and/or bank account information along with your donation dates. Your contributions will stop immediately, and the history will be secured.
How do I get started?
- Click on the ONLINE GIVING link
- Click on the Create New Account link
It’s that simple!
AmazonSmile is a website operated by Amazon with the same products, prices, and shopping features as Amazon.com. The difference is that when you shop on AmazonSmile, the AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the purchase price of eligible products to the charitable organization of your choice.
Every item available for purchase on www.amazon.com is also available on AmazonSmile (smile.amazon.com) at the same price. You will see eligible products marked "Eligible for AmazonSmile donation" on their product detail pages.
On your first visit to AmazonSmile (smile.amazon.com), you are prompted to select a charitable organization from our list of eligible organizations. You can change your selection at any time.
To change your charitable organization:
- Sign in to smile.amazon.com on your desktop or mobile phone browser.
- From your desktop, go to Your Account from the navigation at the top of any page, and then select the option to Change your Charity. Or, from your mobile browser, select Change your Charity from the options at the bottom of the page.
- Select a new charitable organization to support.